Last year, we started a user community, NimbleConnect, for Nimble Storage customers, resellers, and anyone else interested in our enterprise flash storage arrays. This year, we’re looking to connect the community’s underlying platform, Jive Software, with our marketing automation system, Marketo. The objective is to identify NimbleConnect registrations and interactions that result in a new lead, or add data points to an existing lead.
The primary use case is:
- Leads are acquired from all marketing campaigns and events, then entered into Marketo and scored across a variety of criteria. Leads hitting a specific point threshold are migrated into our CRM (customer relationship management) system for follow-up by Sales.
- Some leads are people who have registered for the NimbleConnect community, and in many cases contributed useful content. Our objective is to connect those events in the Jive system with their record in Marketo, so that we can send people the kind of content they’ll find most useful.
Jive Software announced an integration with Marketo last October, but they’ve never delivered, and they’re now pointing us to a third-party vendor for integration services.
In the interests of making this as painless as possible, I’m looking for input from anyone who’s been through the process of integrating these two systems.
- What events are you passing between Jive and Marketo, and how are you passing them?
- How are the community events being scored in the Marketo system?
- Any particular “gotchas” to watch out for?
Thanks in advance for any comments.